MUFG Human Resources Principles
The MUFG Human Resources Principles serve as the basic policy to enable the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) to build a human resources management platform that aligns with MUFG's Corporate Vision.
As we work to create one MUFG globally, the MUFG Human Resources Division has developed these Principles to provide the framework for delivering consistent, industry-leading Human Resources management practices across our entities around the globe.
The goal is for every colleague to experience employment with MUFG in the same way, no matter where they may be located in the world. The MUFG Human Resources Principles provide the foundation for establishing an inclusive, global team.
The MUFG Human Resources Principles will be implemented globally across MUFG in alignment with our shared organizational VALUES:
- Integrity and Responsibility
Strive to be fair, transparent, and honest. Always act responsibly in the best interest of customers and society as a whole, building long-term stakeholder relationships and giving back to our communities.
- Professionalism and Teamwork
Respect the diversity of our fellow workers and foster a strong spirit of teamwork. Expect the highest levels of professionalism.
- Challenge Ourselves to Grow
Adopt a global perspective to anticipate trends and opportunities for growth. Create and sustain a responsive and dynamic workplace where everyone can focus on providing outstanding customer service and embrace new challenges.
The MUFG Human Resources Principles support the achievement of the following HR mission:
- Create a corporate culture that provides colleagues with opportunities for career growth, challenging them to perform well in a professional environment, where the highest standards of integrity are expected.
- Appointing the right person to the right job, in the right place to allow each colleague to maximize his/her career potential.
- Develop talent capable of contributing to the long-term and sustainable growth of our global society.
Be the industry leader in HR management to help MUFG realize its Corporate Vision: Be the world's most trusted financial group.
Leverage the following HR philosophies to create consistent HR management practices across all MUFG entities:
- Talent Acquisition
- Globally attract and recruit diverse talent that share and live OUR VALUES as members of MUFG. Create a strong Employer Brand that fosters recognition of MUFG as an Employer of Choice.
- Performance Evaluation
- Evaluate performance fairly and objectively, considering not only the goals achieved, but also the competencies demonstrated to get the job done. Recognize the importance of factors, such as customer-centric focus, global mindset, and teamwork, to balancing short-term results with sustained long-term performance. Provide feedback and coaching on an ongoing basis to each colleague to foster ongoing development.
- Total Rewards
- Reward colleagues competitively and appropriately in alignment with their contributions to MUFG's growth and success - in effect, pay for performance. In addition to colleague performance, rewards will be reflective of the overall stability of the company and the economy.
- Talent Management
- Assess the capabilities and career path of each colleague to place the right person in the right job, to maximize colleague and MUFG success. Develop strong succession plans and build a pipeline of inclusive leadership to appoint and promote our diverse colleagues from within.
- Learning and Development
- Provide ongoing learning and development opportunities to help each colleague enhance his/her knowledge, skills and experience and improve his/her capability to impact achievement of the Corporate Vision.
(As of April 2018)