MUFG Tax Policy
MUFG Group (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. and its consolidated subsidiaries) recognizes that as a corporate citizen, putting its best efforts into making appropriate tax payments is an important duty. As stated below, we are committed to complying with laws and regulations enforced in countries and regions in which we operate and fulfilling our tax obligations in a fair and appropriate manner.
- MUFG Group, in performing their duties, abides by all tax laws and regulations in each country and region where we operate.
- MUFG Group does not engage in any business activities, transactions, corporate formations, etc. deemed to be Tax Evasion or Aggressive Tax Avoidance.
- MUFG Group shall not provide financial products or services that may assist or enable MUFG customers to engage in behavior deemed to be Tax Evasion or Aggressive Tax Avoidance.
- MUFG Group cooperates with sincerity and transparency with the Tax Authorities to maintain a trustful relationship.
- MUFG Group strives to enhance corporate governance regarding tax compliance and to increase the awareness of tax compliance by providing education and training opportunities to our employees.
- MUFG Group is committed to complying with the BEPS Action Plan, OECD Transfer Pricing Guidelines, and other international tax rules.
Profit before Income Tax and Corporate Income Tax per Country
Profit before Income Tax（FY2021）
Income Tax Accrued（FY2021）
- The figures shown above are based on the Country-by-Country Report (CbCR) submitted to the Japanese tax authorities and are those for the top five countries in terms of revenue.
- The figure of Income Tax Accrued in the United Kingdom is negative 800 Million yen due to tax refunds, and it is included into “Others”.
(As of March 2023)